Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St Patricks Day and Pancakes



Growing up when M & D made pancakes it was at times like a box of chocolate, you never knew what you were gonna get. Whether it was pancakes in any variety of shapes, i.e. the first letter of our name, or a number for how old we were. It made the pancakes even better.

Then on St. Patricks Day we would have green pancakes. I don't think I could get over the green color and just eat them, though there was absolutely no change in taste.

Today I made pancakes for the girls, we had no food coloring so I couldn't do green, which is fine because they weren't acting too excited for green pancakes either. So I attempted the next best thing, shapes! They are supposed to be 4 leaf clovers, one turned out much better than the other. I also made Jackson a four leaf clover cheese sandwich. They all enjoyed their St. Patricks day food.

The girls just love pancakes. If they could eat pancakes every day they would, their favorite restaurant is IHOP, and at home we get creative with shaping pancakes. Their most requested shape is a butterfly, sometimes we do letters or numbers, but it is just fun. Jess thought it was a bit strange when I first started making shapes, but that is what made it fun for me as a kid. I am sure our family did many things that most people, including the in-laws, just wouldn't understand. Like stabbing a kiwi with toothpicks and placing it on the hood of our car as we drove around, something that is great entertainment for my kids.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you did this, and took photos! How fun for your kids.

They look delicious too. (I never make pancakes, but this is making me hungry for some.)