Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jackson's 12 days of Christmas Song

The other day Jackson was singing the 12 Days of Christmas song, so I challenged him to write his own, here it is plus a couple of bonus days:

On the 1st day of Christmas my parents gave to me 1 Ventus Bakugan.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my parents gave to me 2 Haos Bakugan.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my parents gave to me 3 clear Bakugan.

On the 4th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 4 Aqous Bakugan.

On the 5th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 5 Subterra Bakugan.

On the 6th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 6 Bakugan Battle Brawlers.

On the 7th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 7 Special Attack Bakugan.

On the 8th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 8 Pyrus Bakugan.

On the 9th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 9 cars.

On the 10th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 10 Video Games.

On the 11th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 11 Books.

On the 12th day of Christmas my parents gave to me 12 Computers.

On the 13th day of Christmas my parents gave to me a lot of love.

On the 14th day of Christmas we all get presents and more love.

If you can't tell, he is really into these Bakugan figures. I have also been exposing them to Dr. Demento's Christmas program this year, and they get a kick out of it.

Now onto other happenings...Ruby was seen by the pediatric cardiologist yesterday, and was able to come off the oxygen. She really looks different without the tubes and tender grips on her face. It is also much easier to get around the house without cords from the apnea monitor and oxygen tubes. It sure has seemed like a long 6 + weeks since she was born, but it also seems to have flown by. It also feels like Ruby is a different baby without all the extra stuff, which I guess she is is some way. But it is a great Christmas present to know that she is improving and that she is already outgrowing the issue with her heart.






About that though, talking personally with the ped. cardiologist yesterday was sure enlightening, what we had been told by the NICU doctors and others from the beginning sounded much different coming from the cardi. The way she explained it, Ruby had high blood pressure building up in her lungs, which caused her heart to work harder and so the muscle of her heart grew and became thicker, just like any other muscle will grow larger and thicker if it works hard. So finally after 2 weeks in the NICU and 4 weeks at home we have a clear explanation of what the issue actually was.

In the end, we are happy to have her home, and especially happy that she is doing so well now.

1 comment:

Holdinator said...

Wonderful! Huzzah! Good Fortune!

That's awesome that Ruby is off the lines and tubes. And Jackson's 12 days of Christmas is pretty dang cool too. He and Josh could probably talk for hours and hours about Bakugon.