Friday, June 19, 2009

Sleepy Ridge

Jess only has herself to blame, and a neighbor. Just went on a sort of impromtu golf outing today, to a newer course in Provo/Vineyard, called Sleepy Ridge, right off of Holdaway Rd. She is to blame because before we were married I think that I had only been to a driving range once or twice in my life. She had been golfing a few times in college before we met and really enjoyed it, so we went a few times together. Our golf outings were usually few and far between, but last year we went golfing more often, as I was trying to get some practice in before golfing with co-workers in Vegas, and then this year our neighbor and I have been out a couple of times. He likes to get out but didn't really have anyone around who golfed until he saw me out in the front yard hitting plastic practice balls around, so we went out a month or so ago to a course in AF, then today we went to SR. It was a nice course, quite challenging too, a fair amount of water hazards, I think I lost at least 4 balls in the drink. Just last week she and I went and played a short par 3 course in Provo, East Bay, and she had some great putts! But, anyways, just want to thank Jess for getting me hooked and being willing to let me go on short notice.

No comments: